Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cleveland Thanksgiving

Back in Cleveland now, to attend what now seems to be an annual tradition: spending Thanksgiving with family and family friends:



Everyone of course has grown up, but it just makes for more interesting conversation to catch up on all the wonderful variety of endeavors everyone is into these days.

As for myself, I'm planning to be back home for anywhere from 1-3 months to tackle my long list of "Things To Do If I Ever Quit My Job." Specifically, the goals for this period is to:

1. Strengthen family unity & communication
2. Do some personal reflection and examine options & ideas to figure out next steps
3. Complete one-time cleanup and sortation of old personal items (paper/electronic docs, print & digital photos, etc)
4. Create a system to better manage items in the future (systematic cataloguing/sortation, improved accessibility, systematic backup)
5. Complete various old projects (HK the Hard Way, Thanksgiving Project, BOM)
6. Develop better skills and habits (intense exercise, cooking, cleaning, piano playing & improvisation, musical composition, etc)

It is unclear how much time I will need, and it is possible I may have bitten off more than I could chew. In any case, subjectively speaking, it is clear this is something I have been meaning to do, regardless of actual objective value. It's not too often you have time to rebuild your foundations.

No comments: