Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Walking in Central Park

Some people like to walk their dogs thru The Park:



Other people like to walk their children:





But no, not I! I prefer to walk my bag thru The Park:



Bags do not complain if they get tired. They do not cry when they trip and fall flat on their side. Nor do they wander off independently and get lost. Furthermore, they do not leave behind waste products for you to clean.

Walking your bag thru The Park can be good exercise - the one I carry on my back is about 22kg, while the one I walk is about 23kg.

The only drawback to walking bags involve only those that have wheels; those are only suitable to be walked on paved surfaces, so off road hikes or even a muddy dirt path may be problematic. With dogs and children (unless we are speaking of the kind that must be wheeled), this is not an issue.

While taking pictures of Central Park, I realize that I'm able to enjoy what's beautiful in NYC once more (instead of seeing it as just commonplace, everyday life). I feel like a tourist again! I'm no longer a jaded New Yorker!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ah ha ha ha. Your bag.

Unknown said...

lol. jerry's sparkling wit.i'm still laughing about you and Larry dressign up as beggars, goign through trashcans in sichuan.clever boys.