Monday, November 24, 2008

Financial Finale in Beijing

Anyhow, I ended up getting my sister to buy me a flight from Shanghai to Beijing. And so I took the Maglev Train from Longyang Rd Station (龍陽路站) to Shanghai Pudong Airport:



Top speed is 431 km/hr, though it sustains it for just a minute or two, as the ride is only 7 minutes and 20 seconds, covering 30km. The ride was so quiet.



From there, I flew to Beijing. After running a few errands, I had 126 RMB left. I stopped by a Beijing Olympics souvenir shop at the airport, and got two items, one for 88 RMB, and the other for 38 RMB. And with that, I hopped on the plane and left the country RMB-less.

Not a big deal; my next stop was a Hilton hotel in Toronto (a layover before flying into NYC and then Cleveland) which I booked with my HHonor Points. They won't take RMB there anyways.

No comments: