Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hilton Sanya

I arrived in Sanya actually on 9/21, and have been staying at the Hilton near Yalong Bay (亞龍灣) using my points. Somehow the Hilton Sanya Resort is only classified as a category 3 for points (the scale goes roughly from 1-6, where a 1 would be the hotels with the fewest amenities, and a 6 would be the five star, top of the line hotels), which seems like a real bargain. There's also a point stretcher promotion for the Hilton Sanya during pretty much most of September and October, which means it only costs 15,000 points per night instead of 25,000 points.

Anyhow, due to my Diamond VIP status with Hilton thanks to my many business trips to Minneapolis and Chicago, they upgraded me to a room with an ocean-side view. In addition, I got free fruit everyday, complimentary breakfast, and a bottle of wine that made for a good gift.

Some pictures that were taken on 9/21. The room:


The view from my balcony:



The rest of the resort:





Sunset at Yalong Bay beach, right by the resort:


No comments: