Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nanputuo Temple

After the death-defying ride back from the Tulou, the Taiwanese mother suggested I go visit Naputuo Temple (南普陀寺), where I can see the sunset. And so I hopped in a cab from the pier at Gulangyu, and arrived at Nanputuo Temple a few minutes later.

Temple Entrance:



Inside the temple:







As I climbed up the hill the temple was situated on, I saw a boy working on making flowers out of these stalks.



He was selling them for 5 RMB each. Someone asked him how he figured out how to make them, and he boasted proudly that he just looked it up on the Internet! So ingenious, so industrious! It made perfect sense, but sometimes we forget how the Internet can effect society at every level.

I finally arrived at the top, where there indeed was a beautiful sunset:





No comments: